Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Essay Questions

Do you have a favorite family member that you absolutely adore?  Write an essay describing him or her (500 words or more).

My Brother-In-Law

We met only for a short time and only a short while ago but he's absolutely wonderful.  He is also my cousin and the brother of my fiance.  He is nice, has a sweet personality, is kind and knows how to treat people with respect.  He's a great person.  When my fiance and I were engaged, he was very kind, and showed us a great deal of hospitality.  We had traveled a long distance for the engagement and he made us feel very comfortable.  He lives in Multan, Pakistan.  In short, we hit it off right from the start.  He's only sixteen but is very mature for his age since he lives without his father, who has to be overseas for business.  He is loving, caring and sharing and looked very handsome at the engagement ceremony.  He was the first person I noticed when I stepped out of the car to enter the engagement hall.  I think of him like my brother.  He also drives a motorcycle, which makes me nervous since the motorcycle seems too big for his size and makes me even more nervous when my fiance rides in the back.  But it's pretty customary in Pakistan for even younger adults to drive a motorcycle.  He made a big impression on me since he was the first person to greet me outside at the engagement ceremony and the first person I seemed to notice, since he looked very handsome and had a big smile on his face.  That made me feel at ease and meant a lot to me since he seemed so excited.  He also looked very chic and has a great sense of style.  That's something we have in common since I also love fashion and clothes.   He's a very special person for that reason and even afterwards, he was very nice, and made me feel very happy and relaxed.  We're now best friends and I find it easy to talk to him.  I hope we'll always remain friends through the ups and downs, especially since it's a long way until the wedding.  His name is Ahmad.  My cousin explained to me that we are descended from the same clan, or have the same family name.  I am very proud of him since he is the only male presence in their immediate family and shows a lot of maturity.  He reminds me of many people who I admire.  He has a lot of heroic qualities like superman when he was a teen.  I hope to bond with him more and talk with him and learn more about him.  It was a monsoon engagement of sorts and went by in a flash but we have the rest of our lives to know each other better.  I only plan to marry once and he is my sole brother-in-law so I am not overwhelmed by the idea of having a younger brother-in-law.  I hope he also considers me as a best friend and with me being overseas, I hope I can be a positive influence for him, someone he can rely on and buy him lots of gifts that he might enjoy.  Thanks Ahmad, for welcoming me into your family.

No comments: